at the 21ten Theater
at the 21ten Theater
Portland Acting Classes | Ongoing Saturday Afternoon Intermediate Acting
What does that mean? It means you pay monthly dues (like a gym membership but without the contract). Stay as long as you like, or check it out for a month or two. This class is all about flexibility! The focus of Intermediate Acting is to develop and maintain a truthful acting process through the use of scene study, active listening, text interpretation, emotional exercises, improv, comedy, and working with a partner. This class is designed for advanced/Intermediate actors looking to build community and commitment to craft through a deeper understanding of technique, self, and working with others. Actors need an audience and in this class, that’s what you’ll get. Students will work with guest directors and have the opportunity to participate in our annual Industry Only Showcase. Prerequisite: Intro to Acting or approval from instructor.
Price: $185 a month.
Saturday afternoons from 1-4.
CORPORATE STORYTELLING & IMPROV WORKSHOPS
Genevieve and her creative partner, Brooke Totman, own a business providing Improvisational and Storytelling training for corporations and organizations. Their goal is to enhance leadership, performance, productivity and team-building through fun improv and storytelling exercises. Participants learn to: strengthen public speaking skills, sharpen communication skills and, through the spirit of cooperation and collaboration, generate new ideas in a risk-free environment.
PRIVATE COACHING for acting or storytelling
- Private coaching for either acting (auditions, etc) or storytelling is available by the hour, meeting over Zoom or in person.
- Storytelling: work on one story or take a private four-week workshop to discover your personal stories and turn them into a performance-ready 5 minute story to submit to storytelling shows ie The Moth, Risk!, Snap Judgment, etc.
- Cost is $75/HOUR in person or $60/HOUR over Zoom
- 4-week private class is $275
- Contact for details: firstname.lastname@example.org